DIY Guy: Cord Wrap
You guys may remember our DIY Guy: Cable Holder but we wanted to make a single cord wrap since we don’t always carry around multiple cords.
What we used:
- Sewing machine
- Cotton fabric
- Fusible interfacing
- Self-adhesive velcro
- Make a pattern: we made ours on Illustrator (dimensions: W-2.75 L-4.75 with rounded edges).
- Fuse interfacing to one piece of fabric and cut out the pattern, then cut one piece of fabric without the interfacing.
- Place the right sides of the fabrics together.
- Start your stitching on the middle side at 1/4″ and continue around the piece until you are 2” away from where you started (leaving an open area).
- Trim the rounded area.
- Turn the piece inside-out.
- Press the fabric.
- Stitch around the whole piece at 1/8”, overlapping your seam.
- Trim off the excess thread.
- Attach Velcro on opposite sides and ends, pressing down until the adhesive sticks properly.
- You’re done!