DIY Guy: Father’s Day Card & Events on Sunday
Father’s Day is this Sunday! Here’s our tutorial for a quick DIY card for your dad. Also, we added some local events to go to at the bottom of the page.
Music by Hannah Ku- JT.UKE.MEDLEY
What we used:
- Hole puncher
- Craft glue
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Bone folder
- Place the paper print side down and fold in half long ways.
- Open the sheet, then fold each side toward the middle making four even panels.
- Open (unfold) the sheet. Fold up the bottom corners and fold back the two side pieces in toward the middle.
- Fold up the bottom from where the two points meet, making a crease, and then fold it back down.
- Bring each point out to the side and crease.
- Fold the bottom of the paper back up.
- Turn over the paper and fold over the the top about a 1/2 inch.
- Turn it back over and bring the top corners to meet at the center, which will be the collar. Make sure the corners are about 1/2 inch from the top.
- Fold up the bottom of the paper under the “collar” you just made.
- Stylize your shirt with a tie, bow-tie, buttons or pockets.
- Create a blank insert to write on.
Local events to go to on Father’s Day, June 15,2014: