No More Normal TV – 2D to 3D Converter
Phew. Finally. The initial thought of how awesome watching regular television in 3D first occurred to me while watching a live game…”How cool would it be to be watching someone get dunked on in 3D?!”
Now I can watch all TV in 3D thanks to Edison 3D.
No longer do you need specific 3D TVs or 3D projectors. Enjoy high-definition 3D video from your existing 2D TV or Projector at the comfort of your own home with Edison 3D (2D to 3D Converter) and 3D Active Shutter Glasses.
Unless, you like watching TV normally…but if you’re normal, you probably wouldn’t be on any of these tech blogs. Anyway, 2D reigns no more!
Edison 3D is an active shutter 3D system which is a technique of displaying stereoscopic 3D images. It works by only presenting the image intended for the left eye while blocking the right eye’s view, then presenting the right-eye image while blocking the left eye, and repeating this so rapidly that the interruptions do not interfere with the perceived fusion of the two images into a single 3D image.
We all know that to watch 3D Videos, the film itself has to be shot in 3D via a 3D Camera with Dual or Quad Lenses including special computer-driven lighting systems for 3D shooting. Furthermore, the conversion of 2D to 3D video signal is extremely expensive and time consuming at any levels.
- At the production level, the management has to ascertain whether a particular movie has the potential to draw the majority of viewers to watch it on 3D screen then decide to film it with expensive 3D equipment with the help of a team of highly qualified 3D crew.
- At the theater level, facilities for the playback of 3D films and polarized 3D glasses have to be invested in and acquired in order to provide viewers with 3D effects at Full HD.
- At the home entertainment level, end-users need the capital for a 3D TV, 3D Bluray Player and Movies in 3D (which is not produced in every Movie Title).
- Even TV Programs & Games. To eliminate the need of hefty spending on 3D playback at “Home Entertainment Level,” Edison 3D enables the playback of any digital content via HDMI.
Yep. That is correct, via any HDMI plugin.
Including: your TV, projector, gaming console, Macbook or PC.
Next generation smart phones will support 2 or 3 lenses to re-code 3D films. The question is how to replay the 3D films by your home devices. Answer: Edison 3D.
The Edison 3D Console is equipped with 6 LEVELS of DEPTH OF FIELD ADJUSTMENTS, separated into 2 Settings of “Inward 3D” and “Outward 3D.” Each of the 2 settings allows 3 different levels of adjustments in both the (a) Inward DOF & (b) Outward DOF via the remote control – (Strong / Medium / Weak).
(a) Inward 3D Effect – indicates the 3 Dimensional Depth of Field that protrudes INSIDE the different layers of 3D moving images.
(b) Outward 3D Effect – indicates the 3 Dimensional Depth of Field that protrudes OUTWARD LAYERS of of 3D moving images.
Just imagine, in the movie when Pinocchio lied to his father and his nose grew longer and longer.
- You can adjust via the Inward 3D Effect to set how far INSIDE Pinocchio’s body go into the different layers of the background.
- You can also adjust via the Outward 3D Effects to set how far Pinocchio’s nose goes OUTSIDE of the SCREEN!
Okay…I’m going to go watch basketball highlights in 3D now..brb.
Help fund this project via IndieGoGo for the sake of realizing that such a technological advancement can be obtainable at the consumer level.