This farm is sustainable, offers a subscription delivery service, and will donate a pound of produce for every pound they sell.
Andy Cole and Sulaman Chaudhry have a plan. Global opensource farming:
this involves a new farming method and changes to the food supply chain.
Let’s take a look at the Conventional Food Supply Chain
Here is Renaissance Farms CSA Food Supply Chain
Why cut out the middleman?
Why have a middleman?
Renaissance Farms will deliver quality product same day directly to you at the same grocery store price and simultaneously provide food for those in need.
They have the modernist mentality that we should demand from our farmers.
This mentality carries over beyond their business model, and most importantly, in the engineering of their aquaponics farming system.
Now let’s take a look at Aquaponics:
Aquaponics is a closed-loop system of aquaculture in which the waste produced by farmed fish or other aquatic animals supplies all the essential nutrients for plants grown hydroponically, which in turn purify the water.
- 100% USDA organic, non-GMO, and highly nutritious
- One acre of indoor aquaponic farming produces the same amount of produce as twenty acres of conventional farming
- Global arable land is decreasing at a staggering rate globally
- Conventional agriculture uses 70% of freshwater on Earth; unsustainable
- Aquaponics uses 90% less water than conventional agriculture
- 365-day a year growing season
- Higher yields
- Shorter growing cycles
- Fresh fish (high source of protein and Omega 3’s)
- Viable in dense urban centers and resource scarce economies
- Farming for the 21st century
Finally, let’s talk about how Renaissance Farms will sell its product.
- Consumers subscribe to their Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) model via monthly fee (think Netflix, but for fresh produce)
- Renaissance Farms distributes produce via same day delivery service
- CSA provides local farmer with upfront insurance against any calamity during growing season while providing consumers with the freshest, local, organic produce possible.
- The rest of our offerings will be sold via farmers markets, onsite farm-to-fork dining, and other vertically integrated distribution outlets
- IMPORTANT: If you are interested in signing up for a CSA subscription, please contact us at info@RenaissanceFarmsLLC.com
Sounds pretty awesome, doesn’t it?